Monday, August 27, 2012

The Most Wonderful Kids


I am lucky enough to be step mom to two fantastic little girls, Frankie and Andie. They light up my days. I love waking up to their soft little knock on the door on Saturday mornings, and cuddling with them. That's my favorite part.

On the subject of step-motherhood: I HATE that term. Loathe the stereotypical "evil stepmom" persona that plagues ladies all over the world. No, I did not give birth to them, no I was not there the first 4 years for Frankie, and 1 year for Andie, but that doesn't mean I won't be there for them for the rest of their lives. Or that I don't love them just the same. It kills me when Frankie says "You're not my real mom, you're just my step mom." Granted, she doesn't realize how much it hurts me, but in her mind, she has one mommy and it's certainly not me.

Rant over. Look at these beautiful girls!
I asked Frankie Doodle to smile, she grabbed the canopy on my bed and posed with it. What a little model.






And here is the only normal picture of Andie Pants. The rest are her "cheese" faces.





  


I am so lucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...